Harmonized Soil Carbon Database
"This state-of-the-art database was established by IIASA and FAO in partnership with:
- ISRIC-World Soil Information which, together with the FAO, contributed recent regional soil and terrain databases together with the WISE soil profile database;
- The European Soil Bureau Network, which provided its major new update of soil information for Europe and northern Eurasia; and
- The Institute of Soil Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences, which made available its most recent 1:1,000,000 scale Soil Map of China.
HWSD has two main goals:
- To increase the quantity and quality of data available by capturing data at a grid cell size of 30 arc seconds of longitude and latitude (approximately, l km);
- To harmonize and expand soil attribute information (texture, composition) with recently collected soil data."
FAO/IIASA/ISRIC/ISSCAS/JRC, 2012. Harmonized World Soil Database (version 1.2). FAO, Rome, Italy and IIASA, Laxenburg, Austria.
Mixture of existing products
0.9 degree x 1.25 degree)