GHCN (Global Historical Climatology Network) Related Gridded Products
Long time series of gridded surface temperature and precipitation data derived from homongenized station data. The gridded anomalies were produced from GHCN-M bias corrected data. GHCN data and CAMS (Climate Anomaly Monitoring System) are combined to produce a high resolution 'real-time' product.
Station data derived using sophisticated statistical methodology.
GHCN-M temperature anomalies for March 2014 (source: https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/temp-and-precip/ghcn-gridded-products.php)
- Lawrimore, J. H. et al ((2011), An overview of the Global Historical Climatology Network monthly mean temperature data set, version 3, J. Geophys. Res., 116, D19121
- Menne, M.J., and C.N. Williams Jr. (2009): Homogenization of temperature series via pairwise comparisons. Journal of Climate, 22(7), 1700-1717
- Fan, Y., and H. van den Dool (2008): A global monthly land surface air temperature analysis for 1948 – present, J. Geophys. Res. , 113 , D01103
- Peterson, T.C., and R.S. Vose (1997): An overview of the Global Historical Climatology Network temperature database. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, 78 (12), 2837-2849
- Menne, M.J. et al (2012): An Overview of the Global Historical Climatology Network-Daily Database ; ournal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology Volume 29, Issue 7 (July 2012) pp. 897-910
- Menne, M.J, et al (2009): he U.S. Historical Climatology Network Monthly Temperature Data, Version 2. BAMS: v 90, Issue 7, pp. 993-1007